My Heart Breaks....

I haven't posted in a few weeks because we have been busy and emotionally drained half of the time. So now I'm playing catch up because there are a couple of things I need to catch up on, one which is sad and one that is happy!  So let's rip the band aid off and get the sad over with first! 

A few weeks ago Nevaeh was taking a bath just like every evening when suddenly tears began to flow.  I honestly had no idea what to think because I had been in there with her the entire time and nothing had happened.  Then she began.....she told me how she hated diabetes, how she hated everything about it, how she didn't want the pump anymore or the CGM, she didn't want shots either or finger pricks, how her fingers were sore, how she just didn't like having it all the time, how she didn't know what she would do if she still had it when she got to be an adult! 

My heart broke as I listened, cried, listened, and cried with her!  This lasted through the bath time and through getting dressed to a total of longer than 30 minutes!  It tore my heart to pieces!  Oh, how I wish I could take this dreaded disease from my baby girl!  So once she calmed down I finished talking to her and then did the only thing I knew to do, which was just to hold her and pray over her. 

This was the first time Nevaeh had melted down since a few months after diagnosis and I feel sure this will not be the last!  Type 1 Diabetes is always there seen or unseen it never leaves (until a cure).  Please keep my sweet girl in your prayers as she deals day to day physically and emotionally with this disease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment