Holding On......

Lately Nevaeh, my 5 year old, has been having quite a few emotional break downs about diabetes!  It breaks my heart every time!  The other night I heard her in the bath tub singing and shortly after I was called in and she was crying.  I later figured out it was the song "Holding On" by Jamie Grace that she was singing.  (I later recorded her singing it  - watch below) In the song it says:

"If only I can fight just a little longer
I know It’s gonna make me stronger

I just keep holding on to what I believe
Oh, I believe in you
Give me the strength to fight
And the heart to believe
When it’s hard to believe in you"

Nevaeh sings this part over and over some days and you can tell she sings it meaning.  Sometimes even crying while she sings it!  It's hard as a parent for your 5 year old to be singing lyrics like this, because she understands them and lives them!   Why does a child have to have these feelings already?  They are suppose to play, imagine, and be carefree!

Please pray for Nevaeh and other children like her who deal with this chronic disease daily!  She prays for a cure and talks about how she wishes there was one TODAY.......please pray with us!

Thank you for listening!  The video below is of Nevaeh singing "Holding On" by Jamie Grace. Sorry about the bass I didn't know how to fix it but I'm sure the video will touch your heart!
 





If you would like to help find a CURE for Type 1 Diabetes we are currently raising money for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. You can donate to our walk team by clicking the link below:




1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I came across your blog. But your girl is such a sweet little one. I am a type 1 diabetic. I am sorry for all the pain in the butt things she has to go through. This video definitely touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete